But even with this diagnosis never give up, because almost all the tumors, including malignant, can be treated successfully. For successful treatment there are two main factors. First – as soon as possible recourse when the tumor is still resectable and have not metastasized to other organs.
Second – the implementation of such a complex neurosurgical operations on the brain leading neurosurgeon, whose statistics of successful transactions speaks for itself. When planning the removal of a brain tumor, you also can not rely on luck, treating a similar disease in the first clinic. Not every neurosurgeon can trust with your life.
the Only true way is to select employee with the help of our medical consultants, who will conduct all the necessary tests and recommend the best in your case, specialist of neurosurgery, who will carry out the treatment (operation) on the basis of one of the clinics.
What is a brain tumor
a brain Tumor is a group of intracranial tumors arising from the abnormal uncontrolled division of cells. They can develop directly from various types of cells constituting the brain (ependymomas, gliomas, astrocytomas), and from cells surrounding the meninges (meningioma), nerve (neuroma) etc. depending on the growth type and the degree of recurrence of brain tumors are divided into two groups, benign and malignant.
a Malignant brain tumor characterized by rapid growth and ability to grow into surrounding tissues, causing their destruction.
Benign tumours do not have the ability to spread to other tissues, however, over time, increasing in size, they begin to exert pressure on adjacent organs and tissues, causing a variety of serious violations.
in Addition to the primary intracranial tumors, brain tumors can arise as a result of metastasis of tumors from other organs. Metastasis to the brain is most characteristic of such malignant diseases as carcinoma of the breast, carcinoma of the lung, malignant melanoma, pochernkletocny carcinoma and malignant tumors of the gastrointestinal tract.
risk Factors for brain tumors
Despite the fact that the causes of brain tumors in most cases (with the exception of some congenital conditions caused by damage to certain genes, such as neurofibromatosis, syndrome Turko, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, tuberous sclerosis etc.), there are a number of risk factors associated with the occurrence of these tumors. Such factors include exposure to ionizing radiation, disorders of the immune system and family history.
Symptoms brain tumor
All known brain tumor, as a rule, appear with almost the same symptoms. Often, one of their early symptoms is a constant headache, which could increase when changing body position and when coughing, accompanied by nausea and vomiting, which occur regardless of the meal. Other possible signs of brain tumors include disturbances of vision, hearing, speech, balance, weakness on one side of the body, sometimes confusion and personality changes.
Diagnosis of a brain tumor
In our hospitals using any of the following types of studies, combining physiological, laboratory and visual methods:
- computed tomography (CT) - conducted for the detection of metastases and accurate visualization of education.
- Radioisotopic techniques and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - also used to detect metastases, determination of the metabolic processes in the study area.
- EEG (electroencephalography) - method study of the brain used to identify lesions with impaired action potential, as well as to assess the severity of cerebral activities in General.
- Radiography - allows to determine the structural changes of the tissues of the bone of the skull, including tumor and secondary signs of increased intracranial pressure.
- an Ultrasound examination (sonography) - applicable to the fetus and children first year of life, the still open Fontanelle.
- Spinal (lumbar) puncture - is carried out to fence the cerebrospinal fluid and subsequent laboratory research. Method allows to detect malignant cells in the cerebrospinal fluid and measure pressure of cerebrospinal fluid.
- Positron emission tomography (PET) - allows to evaluate the effectiveness of the therapy and to differentiate residual tumor from scar tissue.
- Angiography - helps to estimate the path of blood supply to the tumor and to plan surgery.
- Biopsy - the main and only research method that allows a definitive diagnosis.For the study is taken a small part of tumor tissue and histological study to determine the type and stage of the neoplasm.
Thanks to the latest high-precision medical equipment, early diagnosis of brain tumors does not pose any difficulties. However, due to the lack of specific signs and screening tests, as a rule, the disease is diagnosed in advanced stages, when development of the secondary symptoms and complications. At the same time, early detection of tumors and the timely appointment of adequate treatment are important in achieving a positive result. It is therefore important to undergo periodic comprehensive preventive research, especially if you have the slightest suspicion of the presence of a brain tumor.
Principal tumors of the Central nervous system:
- Brainstem glioma
- Astrocytic tumors of the pineal region
- Piloidnaya astrocytoma
- diffuse astrocytoma
- Anaplastic astrocytoma
- glioblastoma multiforme
- oligodendroglial tumors
- Mixed gliomas
- ependymal tumors
- Parenchymal tumors of pineal
- meningeal tumor
- germ cell tumors
- brain tumor recurrence adults
- Metastatic brain tumor
- cerebellar Astrocytoma
In the case of detection of brain tumors, which are recognized operable, the main treatment is kraniotomicheskaya tumor resection followed by histopathology.
- During the craniotomy on the basis of our clinic, the cost of operations includes:
- Advanced blood tests
Surgery and 4-5 days of hospitalization in the Department of Neurosurgery
Using neuro-physiological monitoring
Supplies and Equipment
Express biopsy during surgery and final histopathology of tumor
How to practice the treatment we have:
After registration of the application for treatment on our website or phone call our medical consultant will contact you for a detailed discussion of medical issues.
You send us all the means at your disposal medical records: discharge tests, the conclusion of doctors, etc.
After receiving a medical discharge and its consideration by our specialists will be drawn up prior medical diagnosis and treatment program, which assumes the highest possible recovery rate.
If your decision about passing treatment in India, you choose the date of your visit, after agreeing it with us.
If needed, our representatives will assist you with travel arrangements:
Book a hotel room or in the private sector
At the airport, you meet a Russian employee of our company and a shuttle service
After the surgery, the patient must remain under the care of our specialists for at least 10 days. Before leaving home, our doctors will give its opinion on further treatment and examination. To write to the survey, you can call us or apply online.